Today, I browsed the Web 2.0 awarded sites. I was very familiar with some of the sites (i.e., facebook, craigslist, urbanspoon, etc...). To my surprise, there were more that I had never heard of. I suppose this has more to do with my age and the way that I use the Internet, than their popularity. That being said, most of the ones that I do not already use, didn't interest me.
I was able to find two sites that were interesting enough to browse through. I looked at Myxer first... hoping to score a nice, new and free ringtone for my phone. I signed up and while the site seemed user friendly enough, I couldn't complete the process from my phone. Since the only computers I use are public/shared, this final step made the site virtually useless to me.
After this I stumbled across Last.FM. While I am an avid Pandora user, this site ranked higher, so I decided to give it a shot. After a quick search, I found an application for my phone. It was free, so I didn't hesitate to add it. I have not had the chance to use it yet, but I look forward to many hours of music listening in my near future!!
Monday, December 21, 2009
Web 2.0 Awards
Labels:
Craigslist,
Facebook,
Last.FM,
Myxer,
Phone Applications,
Urbanspoon,
Web 2.0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment