I don't know about this contract business, but it is interesting to see a method that other people use to further their learning.
I think of the "7 1/2*" habits I probably struggle with confidence the most. It is easy to get caught up in failure or more the potential of failure. I easily fool myself into believing that if I set myself up to fail it wont be as hard to deal with when I inevitably fail. Funny enough, I know that this attitude creates failure... such an annoying cycle to be caught up in.
On the other hand in my life learning, I have found mentors to be absolutely invaluable! I feel very fortunate to have had so many wise women (and men) to learn from. The great thing about mentors, is that they can be anyone! (Don't discount children, I have learned or maybe unlearned so many things because of my contact with children/young people). We all have something to share with one another, it's just a matter of connecting in a way that permits us to do so.
*Side note: Why does play only get half a number??? I think it is more important than that! Does this say something about us as Americans? I suppose that is a separate post... Check out this slide of the worlds happiest places to live... pretty interesting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amy, I feel you on the 1/2 point for play. Really, it should be considered a good chunk of what we do. Work doesn't seem quite like work when fun is involved. It will be up to you to liven things up around this joint!
ReplyDelete